Posts for: June, 2016
Changing the look of your smile may seem like a far-off idea. However, cosmetic dentistry makes this a reasonable and attainable goal. But what can cosmetic dentistry do for you and your smile? Learn more about cosmetic dentistry with help from your Hillsborough Township, NJ dentist at Towne Centre Family Dental.
Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures in Hillsborough Township, NJ
- Teeth Whitening: One of the easiest and most dramatic ways to improve your smile, teeth whitening can lift the color of your teeth up to ten shades in a single hour-long session. Whitening procedures use chemical reactions between whitening agents placed onto the teeth and the teeth’s stains to improve the appearance of your smile. Most patients return for touch-up sessions once or twice a year.
- Veneers: Dentists use dental veneers to mask imperfections in your smile such as cracks, chips, discolorations, slight gaps and slight overlaps and to change the shape or size of your teeth. These thin shells of porcelain adhere to the surface of your teeth to give you a whole new smile in just a few dental appointments.
- Gum Line Reshaping: If you feel that your smile is more gums than tooth, you could benefit from gum line reshaping. This high-tech procedure uses a laser to realign the gum line and is generally painless.
- Orthodontic Care: Orthodontic care straightens your smile and repairs jaw and bite abnormalities. In addition to giving you a beautiful smile, braces also increase your mouth’s functionality, making chewing, swallowing and speaking easier. While traditional braces use metal brackets and wires to move the teeth, there are more discreet options as well. Invisalign or ceramic, tooth-colored braces allow you to straighten your smile without the world knowing.
- Crowns & Bridges: Dental crowns strengthen, stabilize and improve the appearance of a tooth. Crowns benefit patients with cracked, broken, misshapen or discolored teeth. They can also protect a compromised tooth which has a large filling. A dental bridge fills in the gap left behind by a missing tooth by anchoring into place on the teeth surrounding the gap using two dental crowns.
- Hybridge Dental Implants: If you are missing one or many teeth, dental implants could be for you. This revolutionary dental restoration not only replaces your missing teeth but their roots as well. Dental implants look, feel and function just like natural teeth. Implants can replace one tooth, several teeth or even a whole mouth full of teeth.
Your doctor can help you choose the best cosmetic dentistry procedures for you and your mouth. For more information on cosmetic dentistry, please contact your dentist at Towne Centre Family Dental in Hillsborough Township, NJ. Call (908) 874-4555 to schedule your consultation for a smile makeover today!