Your smile is often the first thing others see when you introduce yourself. Imperfections in your smile can drag down your self-esteem and make you feel as though your look is not good enough. However, you no longer have to settle for this sub-par look. Find out how cosmetic dentistry can help your smile with Towne Centre Family Dental in Hillsborough, NJ.
How can cosmetic dentistry help my smile?
Cosmetic dentistry focuses on the aesthetics of your teeth. While some procedures can also improve the functionality of your smile, the main idea of cosmetic dentistry is improving the appearance of your smile. Renewing your look also renews your self-esteem, leaving you looking and feeling great. If you think you can benefit from a cosmetic dentistry procedure, you should schedule a consultation with your Hillsborough, NJ, dentists at Towne Centre Family Dental.
Common Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
- Teeth Whitening: Teeth whitening uses chemical reactions between your teeth’s stains and the whitening agents used in the treatment to lift the color of your teeth. Professional whitening treatments take about an hour and provide results which last for up to a year before requiring a touch-up appointment.
- Orthodontics: Orthodontics use pressure placed onto the teeth to move them into new, straighter and more effective positions. While orthodontic treatment straightens the teeth, it also corrects bite issues like overbite and underbite.
- Veneers: Dental veneers fit over the front of the teeth to cover their imperfections. These porcelain dental restorations blend right in with your smile and their results vary from subtle tweaks to a single tooth to overhauling your entire look.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants replace missing teeth permanently with a procedure to place the implant directly into the jawbone beneath a missing tooth. Implants are made to last a lifetime and are the closest thing to natural teeth available.
For more information, contact your dentists at Towne Centre Family Dental in Hillsborough, NJ. Call 908-874-4555 to schedule your consultation for a cosmetic dentistry procedure today!
In many cases, a dental implant can stay securely rooted for 20 or more years without problems. The process of osseointegration causes bone tissue to grow around the implant, protecting it from damage or removal. But there are rare cases where the parts that make up an implant can be broken or dislodged. Learn more about dental implants and how to care for them with the help from your dentists at Towne Centre Family Dental in Hillsborough, NJ.
Implant Maintenance Tips
The better you care for your teeth, the more likely you are to have an issue-free experience with your dental implants. You can increase the chance of maintaining a strong, healthy dental implant by following these tips:
- Avoid biting down on tough or hard foods.
- Floss between your implanted teeth after each meal to reduce the chance of gum disease, which can damage the implant or cause it to come loose.
- Visit your dentist every six months to have a professional cleaning to remove any plaque buildup around the implant.
- Protect your teeth with a custom mouthguard when participating in sports.
How an Implant Can Be Broken
Though the material that makes up an implant is extremely durable, there are a few ways that an implant can be broken. An unexpected injury, such as a blow to the face while playing a sport is one possible way. If the position of your bite is awkward, the crown can become damaged over time. Clenching and grinding often could also cause the crown to crack. Additionally, gum disease can compromise the dental implant, causing it to loosen from its socket.
Getting the Implant Fixed
If you have issues with your dental implant, you should visit your Hillsborough dentist for evaluation. If the crown is broken and can't be repaired, a new one can be created and installed in a couple of appointments. If the problem is the titanium device, a new device may need to be surgically implanted.
Make that Call
As soon as there's a problem with your dental implant you should call your dentist to make an appointment. Call Towne Centre Family Dental in Hillsborough, NJ at (908) 874-4555 today.
Eating a balanced diet, staying active and lowering your levels of stress are all great ways to help keep your body healthy. However, keeping your smile healthy also contributes to your overall general health. Do you know the best practices for caring for your smile? Find out the best ways to keep your teeth and mouth healthy with Towne Centre Family Dental in Hillsborough, NJ.
Keeping Your Smile Healthy
Eating foods to keep your body and teeth healthy is a great start in focusing on a healthier mouth. One of the easiest ways to cut down on tooth decay is to avoid foods and drinks high in sugar, like candies and sodas. Try eating a sweet fruit like strawberries or oranges instead of these tooth-harming foods. Eating calcium-rich foods like cheese and yogurt can also help strengthen your teeth.
Your At-Home Oral Care Routine
A strong daily oral hygiene routine is one of the strongest tools you have against tooth decay and gum disease. Brushing twice daily with a soft-bristled brush for at least two minutes removes plaque and bacteria from the surface of your teeth and oral tissues. Flossing at least once a day removes bacteria and plaque trapped between the teeth in the areas your toothbrush cannot reach. These daily habits contribute to keeping your mouth healthy and clean between regularly scheduled dental examinations and cleanings at Towne Centre Family Dental in Hillsborough, NJ.
Regular Dental Examinations and Cleanings in Hillsborough, NJ
Seeing your dentist twice a year limits the time a dental condition, like a cavity or gum disease, can grow into a more advanced problem. Treating dental issues early on allows your dentist to use more conservative procedures. These procedures can help retain the most natural tooth structure possible and save you both time and money. Additionally, regular cleanings remove any tartar or plaque on the teeth, giving you a fresh start for your at-home routine.
For more information on caring for your smile, please contact your dentist at Towne Centre Family Dental in Hillsborough, NJ. Call (908) 874-4555 to schedule your regular dental examination and cleaning today!
Discover exactly what goes into a smile makeover to find out if it’s right for you.
When you think about makeovers, you might think about getting a haircut or completely changing your wardrobe, but now you can also get a smile makeover from one of our Hillsborough, NJ family dentists. Through the use of one of more cosmetic procedures, we can help to give you a brand new smile. Find out more about the process if you choose to get a smile makeover.
What goes into getting a smile makeover?
Before your treatment can even begin it’s important that we examine your smile to make sure your smile is healthy enough for cosmetic treatment. We will also want to discuss your treatment goals so we know what issues you want to address and how we can best handle them. Some things a smile makeover will take into consideration include:
- The shape and appearance of your face
- The color, length, shape and size of your teeth
- Gum tissue
- The shape of your lips
What makes smile makeovers so ideal is that they are tailored differently for every individual. Whatever you don’t like about your smile and wish to change our Hillsborough dentist is here to make sure you finally achieve the perfect smile. Issues to consider include:
Tooth color: If you have unsightly metal fillings, we can easily replace them with tooth-colored ones. If you have stained or yellowing teeth we can often brighten them with one in-office whitening session. If stains are caused by internal damage or certain medications and won’t respond as well to whitening, we can also apply dental veneers to give you a whiter smile.
Alignment issues: Do you have gaps between teeth? Are your teeth crooked or crowded? There are several options available, from non-invasive options like dental bonding (which is great for covering small spaces) to Invisalign aligners for straightening out these issues to dental veneers (for patients wanting a straighter more attractive smile without needing braces).
Tooth loss: Gaps where teeth used to be can cause quite the toll on your smile’s appearance. Fortunately, we offer everything from dentures to bridges to dental implants to treat a single missing tooth to replacing a whole set of teeth.
Aesthetics: Other issues such as chips, cracks and misshapen teeth, as well as gummy smiles, can also make your smile look uneven. Cosmetic dentistry offers gum recontouring, and dental bonding and veneers to hide or repair these imperfections.
Does a smile makeover sound like the treatment you’ve been looking for? Then why wait? Call Towne Centre Family Dental in Hillsborough, NJ today to schedule your cosmetic consultation and find out if you are the right candidate for a dental makeover.
Changing the look of your smile may seem like a far-off idea. However, cosmetic dentistry makes this a reasonable and attainable goal. But what can cosmetic dentistry do for you and your smile? Learn more about cosmetic dentistry with help from your Hillsborough Township, NJ dentist at Towne Centre Family Dental.
Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures in Hillsborough Township, NJ
- Teeth Whitening: One of the easiest and most dramatic ways to improve your smile, teeth whitening can lift the color of your teeth up to ten shades in a single hour-long session. Whitening procedures use chemical reactions between whitening agents placed onto the teeth and the teeth’s stains to improve the appearance of your smile. Most patients return for touch-up sessions once or twice a year.
- Veneers: Dentists use dental veneers to mask imperfections in your smile such as cracks, chips, discolorations, slight gaps and slight overlaps and to change the shape or size of your teeth. These thin shells of porcelain adhere to the surface of your teeth to give you a whole new smile in just a few dental appointments.
- Gum Line Reshaping: If you feel that your smile is more gums than tooth, you could benefit from gum line reshaping. This high-tech procedure uses a laser to realign the gum line and is generally painless.
- Orthodontic Care: Orthodontic care straightens your smile and repairs jaw and bite abnormalities. In addition to giving you a beautiful smile, braces also increase your mouth’s functionality, making chewing, swallowing and speaking easier. While traditional braces use metal brackets and wires to move the teeth, there are more discreet options as well. Invisalign or ceramic, tooth-colored braces allow you to straighten your smile without the world knowing.
- Crowns & Bridges: Dental crowns strengthen, stabilize and improve the appearance of a tooth. Crowns benefit patients with cracked, broken, misshapen or discolored teeth. They can also protect a compromised tooth which has a large filling. A dental bridge fills in the gap left behind by a missing tooth by anchoring into place on the teeth surrounding the gap using two dental crowns.
- Hybridge Dental Implants: If you are missing one or many teeth, dental implants could be for you. This revolutionary dental restoration not only replaces your missing teeth but their roots as well. Dental implants look, feel and function just like natural teeth. Implants can replace one tooth, several teeth or even a whole mouth full of teeth.
Your doctor can help you choose the best cosmetic dentistry procedures for you and your mouth. For more information on cosmetic dentistry, please contact your dentist at Towne Centre Family Dental in Hillsborough Township, NJ. Call (908) 874-4555 to schedule your consultation for a smile makeover today!
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.